Monday, July 23, 2007

Watchlist 2007

Two "family" movies and one Denzel actioner today...

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. It was pretty much Harry Potter all day, all the time this past weekend as we took in Harry Potter: OOTP, and I began to read Harry Potter: DH. I'm only a few chapters into the book, but already JKR is yanking my chain as to who allegedly dies.

Anyway, with regards to the movie...not bad. In fact, I'd say it's the best Harry Potter movie I've seen, certainly better than Goblet. The acting by the adults certainly helped; Dolores Umbridge in particular was spot-on. There were some unfortunate pauses during some of the dialogue with Harry, Ron and Hermione but overall the kids handled themselves well.

The best part? The fight at the Ministry of Magic, of course! Everything else was just filler.

Ratatouille. I had my doubts about this movie, especially after the so-so Cars. I was worried that Pixar had lost its touch, and had produced a clunker. A rat...as a cook? Did they run out of ideas?

Remind me never to doubt Brad Bird again. Such a simple story, brought to life by Pixar. I've read that chefs are calling it the best food movie ever made, and who I am I to disagree with them?

Definitely not a kids' movie, though...oh, sure, it's animated, and they tried to make Remy cute, but that's where it ends. The rats were lifelike, and when there are a whole mess of them in the kitchen...ew.

Deja Vu. Haven't I seen this movie before?

No comments: