Friday, June 09, 2006

I'm Back!!!

Yep, back from the Philippines. Went on vacation for three weeks, visiting Cebu and Boracay. It was kind of a bummer, since I didn't see a lot of my friends--they were either out of the country (Calai) while I was there, or was in the city while I was in Cebu/Boracay (Richelle). Oh well, at least my parents got to enjoy playing with the twins.

Overall, I had a great time in the Philippines--a lot had changed since the last time I was there four years ago; my old subdivision, BF Homes, seems to have morphed into one big strip mall. I was also pleasantly surprised that everything seemed clean--no stacks of garbage lying around! Unfortunately, the pinoy driving style was still in full effect. I had also forgotten the way we pinoys watched movies as well; the wife actually yelled "Would you please SHUT UP" to the geeks behind us commenting on everything in X3 (it worked, though). Plus, of course, it was humid.

Everything else was great--the islands were fantastic, and the wife was in shopping heaven. I actually got tired of eating while I was there.

Going back to the US was a bit of a nightmare. I'm still fuming over the fact that you need to get your bags x-rayed and searched not once, not twice, but THREE frickin' times--with the last x-ray/search not a hundred feet from the last one! That seems so inefficient. Maybe it's a way to show foreigners that the airport is safe? It's more inconvenient than anything.

Celebrity sightings:
* Fidel Ramos was in our plane going to the Philippines. He posed for pictures, and walked once around the plane
* The former NCC sharpshooter, Chip Engelland, read one of my previous posts and dropped in a nice little comment. I'm starstruck, I tell ya, starstruck! Maybe I can ask for an autograph. =)

No comments: