Saturday, June 17, 2006

Goooooaaaaallllllllll

Huh, I don't get it.

I tuned in to watch the USA and Italy kick their way to a draw today in the World Cup. I'm still not sure if I get it, much less like it. Oh, it does get exciting when a goal is scored, primarily because it seems so hard to get it into the net; however, the constant back and forth, just kicking the darned ball gets boring after a while. Maybe it's because I'm not really rooting for any particular team; I guess I'm partial to the US, seeing as I live here. There's no particular player I really like, unless you count Keira Knightley.

Or maybe it's just really boring. Then again, I like baseball, and I got absorbed watching the Ashes in Australia back when England was a sorry bunch of cricketeers (quite a while back).

It's all really a matter of taste, I suppose.

No comments: