Sunday, June 18, 2006

Thirty Three

So I turn Larry Bird today, and would drink Rolling Rock if I could. How did we celebrate? Well, we tried watching Cars, but the kids got restless halfway thru. Being the good neighbors that we are, we took the kids outside, where they proceeded to run up and down the hallways, screaming their little heads off. Pretty soon a couple of parents followed suit, and came out with their toddlers in tow. I never did find out whether Lightning McQueen learned humility. We then had some dinner, whereupon Amelie proceeded to finish a whole bunch of tortilla chips. I had some country-fried steak, and wished I had regular steak instead. Unfortunately, I've never really had a good steak in a restaurant chain, except for Hungry Bear over in Fullerton, so I didn't want to be disappointed again.

33. Just another day, I suppose, until 40. Then it's mid-life crisis time.

1 comment:

Calai said...

Happy Larry Bird! Este...happy birthday =)

There's a fantastic steak place along the highway to Sacramento. I can't remember the name, but it's after that Vacaville outlet mall on the right side of the road. You can't miss it.

You should find time to finish CARS (and don't leave until after the end credits). I loved it! My favorite "cars" are Luigi and Guido. Lighting gets a really cool make-over from Ramone, Luigi and Guido near the end. CARS is not for young children simply because it's not as "accessible" as FINDING NEMO. It's more for little boys who like cars to begin with, 10 year old kids, and adults who still think like kids. I can't wait to see it again =)