Saturday, September 29, 2007

Naruto vs The Pretender

Anybody heard The Pretender, the new single from Foo Fighters? Catchy, isn't it? Except I can't shake the feeling that the chorus sounds a bit like Heroes Come Back by nobodyknows+, which is the opening theme from Naruto: Shippuden. Same driving beat.

Not that I'm saying Foo lifted anything; the two songs are different, but one definitely reminds me of the other. I'm a big fan of Foo; they're always kick-ass, and Dave Grohl is a very funny guy (remember the video to Learn to Fly?). They've got a great catalog, and this song is a great addition.

Hear for yourself:

The Pretender (around 1:25 into the song):

Heroes Come Back (short version)

Maybe it's just me, though. Anyway, the real video of Heroes Come Back is kinda funny.

(does this mean I'm into J-Pop now? Does this even count as J-Pop?)

No comments: