Thursday, March 29, 2007

The Force Is Strong With This One

So the United States Postal Service is celebrating the 30th anniversary of Star Wars by coming out with a collection of stamps on May 25. They even allow you to vote for a single stamp which will then be sold in its own sheet. Right now Darth Vader is leading, but voted for Yoda I did. Imagine, sending mail with the little green guy on it! I don't really write letters anymore what with e-mail and IM, but I'm sure people like Calai will get a kick out of it.

Now, I've never been a stamp collector, but the USPS has come out with several interesting collections over the past year. There's The Muppets and DC Superheroes. They also released Disney stamps, but PJ and her sisters liked them so much that they used them. Sigh.

After Star Wars is the Marvel Superheroes collection.

Now, I'm not exactly sure what to do with these after I get them. Frame them possibly? I have the same problem with a Cars holographic lithograph and a Transformers: The Movie holographic lithograph.

No comments: