Tuesday, March 13, 2007

American Idol (?)

Worst. Season. Ever. There were only a couple of memorable performances for this, the opening night of the Top 12. Bad enough that they opened with Diana Ross night (not really my cup of tea), but practically everyone was so forgettable.

Everyone except Melinda, of course. I didn't know the song, but she sold it. Much, much better than Lakisha, who I suppose sang her song technically well, but was boring. Jordin? Disney Channel.

Sligh? Sigh. Coldplayed Endless Love, and made it worse (if that was possible). Vocals were great, arrangement was terrible. (and I said he reminded me of Benjor--what was I thinking? Sorry, Benjor)

Blake? At least it was memorable, and he sold the performance, but the vocals were weak. As usual, Simon nailed the criticism. Much better than the other Chris, who chicken-danced his way through his song yet again.

The less said of Sanjaya, the better. Poor kid. Brandon, Stephanie, Gina and Phil? Zzzzzzzzz.

The only other thing aside from Melinda that woke me up was Haley and her dress. Wait, she sang something?

Heck, I'd take Lucky Charms Lukass over most of these singers. Love him or hate him, at least he inspired some sort of emotion. This group? Boredom.

My bottom 3 is Brandon, Sligh and Sanjaya, but I doubt Sanjaya's going anywhere. I'd say Brandon is going.

Just give it to Melinda already.

2 comments:

Zhuan said...

Yup. You can say that again. Worst. Ever. No one in the top 12 is remotely interesting. The few who I thought would, were unfortunately voted out of the top 12. Talents and look-wise, they're just OK. Heck, throw in Anthony and Scott Savol from Season 4, Bucky and even Pickler from Season 5, and they'd be front-runners.

Season 6? Dreadful. Absolutely.

Zhuan said...

Wait. Missed that part. I actually liked the 'Clocks' on Endless love treatment.