Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The Little Mermaid

So I originally had the "Limited Edition" DVD of The Little Mermaid, which I received free when I bought the "Platinum Edition" DVD of Snow White. Last week Disney came out with the "Platinum Edition" of The Little Mermaid, and I told PJ that no way in hell were we going to buy it, as the content was the same. Who cares about "restored footage" , "special features" and "enhanced for widescreen TVs", right?

Of course I wound up buying it. What made it a bit more attractive was a free Sebastian plush when I bought it from Best Buy. This was to go along with the plush Flounder we already had; the only thing missing was a plush Ariel. Of course, we could always get the Barbie edition, but we figured the girls would just break it anyway.

What bothered me, though, was a trailer on the disc: The Little Mermaid III! Geez, I thought John Lasseter killed all sequels when Pixar took over Disney?

No comments: