Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Choychoy Favorites: DVDs

I've amassed a pretty big DVD library over the years; I've probably collected around a hundred of them since they came out. My very first DVD was The Matrix, and I've since gone on from there.

One thing I try to collect are the classic animated films--I've bought everything Pixar has come out with, most of the Disney titles, and the odd smattering of anime (Miyazaki's a favorite). Of the DVDs in my collection, these are the ones which get the most play. Not surprising because of my kids.

What DVDs are the most played in our house? Well, if I were to rank them, it would come out like this:

(1) Barbie's The Twelve Dancing Princesses. This gets played every single day (sometimes more than once!). When this comes on, the girls immediately begin to "dance". It's pretty amusing to watch them.
(2) Sleeping Beauty. Number one before Barbie knocked her off her throne. I'd argue that Aurora is the prettiest Disney princess of them all.
(3) The Little Mermaid. "Ayyel Mahmayd" was one of Amelie's first phrases.
(4) Beauty and the Beast. "Belle" was Camille's favorite.
(5) Howl's Moving Castle. The first feature-length film they really sat through, after watching The Wiggles and Maisy all the time. Heck, they pretty much memorized the dialogue!

They've also started branching out to stuff like The Incredibles and Tarzan, which is good. But if we want to quiet them down, we just put Barbie on.

No comments: