Monday, September 18, 2006

Ready...Set...Race!

Yay! My favorite reality show is back--The Amazing Race is back, better than ever. This was probably the most diverse bunch--Korean-American brothers, Muslims, Indian-Americans, and a girl with an artificial leg (who's as cute as a button!). Of course, we have your usual models, beauty queens and gay guys as well.

The premiere was pretty exciting--and a bit different from the last two installments. It just felt like a race again. A couple of interesting changes, perhaps brought about by the criticism (not to mention lower ratings) of the previous two races. I liked the challenge before the pitstop.

Not liking Lyn and Karlyn. Why do they have to diss artificial-leg girl? Way to go fulfilling the stereotype with their sense of entitlement. Karma got some measure of revenge at the end, though. Tom and Jerry? I was all set to dislike them, as they're fulfilling the stereotype as well, but their subtle cheerleader mocks and their moans of despair at the climb were just hilarious.

Did I mention I love Sarah (ALG)? Although her boyfriend reminds me of a stressed-out Will Ferrell. She's just too cute with her can-do attitude. Hopefully they win--although the hydraulic leak worries me...(never thought I'd think THAT of a racer).

Vipul looks awfully familiar...

No comments: