Monday, July 31, 2006

The High Cost Of Living

Coming back from my annual checkup I find out that my high cholesterol levels have returned. Not really surprising, since I haven't exactly been exercising ever since the twins arrived (heh...blaming the kids). Plus I hadn't seen a doctor in a couple of years, so the high cholesterol was expected.

So, time to make a lifestyle change again. On tap are (a) more exercise (probably walking/running, since I can never get to a gym--plus, trying to save money) and (b) better diet. Yeah, time to lay off the cheetohs and anything with "partially hydrogeneated oil", since that turns into bad cholesterol.

Unfortunately, eating healthy is expensive. I bought natural peanut butter for $5.00 ($3.00 more than the regular stuff), and "good" butter for around $3.00 ($2.00 more than the regular stuff). Bread costs $4.00 (around $2.50 more than the wonder bread type). Less fastfood as well (which I guess is okay, because I don't eat that much anyway). Still, though, it would be nice to have that option.

Gotta do it, though. Otherwise I'd get to meet the cute little ankh-wearing lady sooner rather than later.

No comments: