Friday, July 14, 2006

Doubleheader

The wife and I played hooky from work today, in order to watch two movies:Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's and Superman Returns.

Loved POTC:DMC. I'm not sure why so many people are dissing it--it was a pretty good thrill ride, and I though the plot points meshed together nicely (a sharp contrast from other comments I've heard, which complained of the disjointed nature of the movie). YMMV, of course. Johnny Depp was fabulous as CAPTAIN Jack Sparrow, while Bill Nighy was fantastic as Davy Jones. His crew was pretty creepy too. A lot of people were saying that the first one was a lot better; personally, we watched POTC:COTBP the night before and I fell asleep! I guess they just looked fondly upon the first movie because they remembered the ride. Of course, I missed the "extra" scene after the end credits, like when I missed the monkey extra scene from the first movie. I'll see it on the DVD, I suppose.

Liked Superman Returns. This one went on too long; I found myself wondering what time it was. Lois Lane wasn't pretty enough (then again, Margot Kidder wasn't too hot either), and Jimmy Olsen just seemed annoying. PJ's in love with Brandon Routh, though. And, like Calai, I found out about one of the plot points--on a freakin' technology website! Argh. Anyway, that ruined it a bit for me.

Oh, and the trailers for Night At The Museum and Talladega Nights were pretty cool too! "Lord, thank you for my sons, Walker and Texas Ranger." Hee!

No comments: