Monday, September 19, 2005

Looking forward to...(the Fall edition)

It's almost fall, and there are a couple of things that I'm looking forward to:

* Anansi Boys, by Neil Gaiman (September 20). The first book I read by Neil Gaiman was his collaboration with Terry Pratchett, Good Omens. I was impressed, so I bought Stardust and Neverwhere. Overall I liked Stardust better, but that's because I'm a romantic at heart.

American Gods was okay. I liked the character of Shadow, and the whole "the gods live among us" concept, but at times the book seemed too Stephen King-ish to me. I also read the novella in Legends II, which was a riff on Beowulf.

Anyway, I'll give Anansi Boys a go.

* Thud!, by Terry Pratchett (out). Discworld! Vimes! The Watch! 'nuff said.

* Knife of Dreams, by Robert Jordan (October 11). The next volume in the Wheel of Time. At this point I'm just reading it out of sheer stubborness, hoping that something happens. Where oh where is the person who wrote the ending of Lord of Chaos?

* Feast for Crows, by George R. R. Martin (November 8). Five years later...I just hope Martin doesn't die on us before this is over. It's like...Rowling kicking it before finishing Harry Potter. *knock on wood*

* Final Fantasy: Advent Children (November 29) Sephiroth, baby. The coolest, most badass (even more badass than Randy--heh, sorry, MiG fans) villain ever created. And he's not even a villain, he's just misunderstood. Took me almost a day to beat him at Kingdom Hearts, which leads me to...

* Kingdom Hearts 2 (December 15). Do we see Sephiroth? How about hearing David Boreanaz play Leon again? Kingdom Hearts was one of the best games I've played. Pretty dark for a Disney production; and, in true anime fashion, a heartbreaking ending.

* Harry Potter: Goblet of Fire (November). The movies just keep getting better and better.

* The Chronicles of Narnia (December). Something to replace LOTR during Christmas. Aslan looked waycool.

* King Kong (December). Speaking of LOTR...Peter Jackson goodness. Have you seen him recently?

* Lost, Alias, Justice League Unlimited and The Amazing Race (September). Thank God for DVRs.

and finally, The Complete Calvin and Hobbes (October). Gorgeous three-volume leather-bound set. Unfortunately, I already have pretty much every book written by Bill Watterson. *sigh* Anyone have a hundred bucks I can borrow?

2 comments:

Calai said...

Hey, I still have your FORGETTEN REALMS: DARK ELF Trilogy books (R.A. Salvatore) at home and DRAGONLANCE: LEGENDS. Remember I never finished the DRAGONLANCE: ELVEN NATIONS Trilogy? I only read the first 2 books. I've been looking for the 3rd book since college. I finally found it in a local store, Fully Booked! Happiness! Closure at last! I'm also looking forward to Neil Gaiman's MIRRORMASK and Tim Burton's CORPSE BRIDE. I hope they show those films here. What a country! Ciao!

daddychoy said...

Actually, you returned the Salvatore books already! Legends, I've forgotten about. Doesn't matter--it would've gotten stolen anyway during the Great PS Storage robbery a few years back (yes, I lost ALL my books and ALL my CDs). I've rebuilt most of my collection, though...

Hmm, Corpse Bride will probably be a rental since the other members of the family don't appreciate the same stuff I do. =(