Saturday, May 28, 2011

100 Books In A Year, Updated

15. Bryant & May off the Rails, by Christopher Fowler. Another "Peculiar Crimes" mystery. What was interesting about this was that it centered largely around the London Underground. Mind the Gap.

16. Foundation, by Isaac Asimov.
17. Foundation and Empire, by Isac Asimov.
18. Second Foundation, by Isaac Asimov. Ah, the original trilogy. I really hated losing my old Michael Whelan cover paperbacks; those were the best covers ever, rather than the current iridescent ones. What the heck are those? Anyway, this trilogy will always be one of my favorite series ever.

19. Wit'ch Star, by James Clemens. Finally over. Meh.

20. The Paris Vendetta, by Steve Berry. Fast food reading (then again, it seems like a lot of what I read is fast food reading). Fast, fun, but ultimately empty calories. Liked it because a lot of it was set in France.

21. Gauntlgrym, by R.A. Salvatore. See above, except it wasn't set in France. Drizzt is always good for pathos. In the words of Zz'dtri "also, not as popular"...although this line seems to have been removed from that particular strip. Or did I imagine that? Oh, and the cover, while certainly interesting, NEVER HAPPENED. False advertising.

22. JLA/Avengers, by Kurt Busiek and George Perez. Awesomesauce. George Perez was my favorite artist growing up (for the longest time I thought he was Pinoy), so seeing him draw this was cool. The story's pretty good too, although I wish it was Hulk that faced up against Superman rather than Thor--because I think Hulk would've taken the Big Red Cheese out.

23. Full Dark, No Stars, by Stephen King. Nothing really horrifying; the stories were quite good. Made you think "what would I have done in his shoes?" which is really all an author could ask for. King's probably best with short stories anyway, as his novels tend to fizzle out in the end. I think he loses interest.

No comments: