Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day!

The sermon at church today was interesting:

Last year, there was a woman who was tending to the spiritual needs of the prisoners at a local jail. During Mother's Day she was besieged with requests for Mother's Day cards, running out of cards before she could provide for everyone. She was determined to be prepared for Father's Day, so she stocked up on boxes and boxes of cards.

The boxes of cards are still in her office, untouched.

Let's face it, Mother's Day is a much bigger affair--all restaurants are crowded, and mothers everywhere get hugs and kisses. We dads? Well, the family went to lunch at The Cheesecake Factory today. I was dreading the thought of having to wait for over an hour for a table; instead we waited five minutes. Five minutes! I've waited longer on a regular weekend.

I'm guilty of this too, growing up. Me and my sister always knew when Mother's Day was, but would forget that it was Father's Day.

Oh, well. It's just a day anyway. At least I know my kids love me. And that's all that matters.

3 comments:

Zhuan said...

Happy father's day dude! And happy birthday!!! :)

Calai said...

hey! belated happy fathers' day and happy birthday! =)

daddychoy said...

Thanks Calai! Say, isn't your bday in June as well? If that's the case, belated din!