Tuesday, April 03, 2007

American Idol

It's pretty telling when the one thing I noticed about the contestants is what they wore, rather than how their singing was. Oh, sure, Melinda was great as always, and I had no problem with what she wore (except that it accentuated the fact that she has no neck). Also, contrary to what the judges said, I thought Phil was pretty good. The rest?
  • Blake looked great, but his performance this week was forgettable.
  • Chris looked like he borrowed the vest and hat from Ryan's suit. I'm beginning to believe the whispers that he's the chosen one; that was a pretty nasally, forgettable performance, and yet the judges "loved" it.
  • Sanjaya sang Tony Bennett and dressed John Travolta. Yikes. He does have a good voice, though, although he fades in and out.
  • Once again Lakisha gets some good advice from the week's mentor, and chooses to ignore it.
  • Jordin was very Disney Princess today. Why do they keep harping on Haley being pageant princess, and yet pretend that Jordin isn't? Both of them will be right at home over at the Disney channel--and both can go on to bigger and better things.
  • Liked Haley's shoulder roll at the end. Hey, eye candy is eye candy, and I'll enjoy it until she's gone...
...which is probably this week. I'd say Gina (who was so forgettable this week that I forgot to include her in my summary), Haley and Phil are in the bottom 3, with Haley going home. Oh well.

No comments: