Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Watching Ice and Fire

Great Eddard's Ghost! Variety is reporting that George RR Martin's masterpiece A Song of Ice and Fire is being turned into a mini-series by HBO. Wow! I mean...wow! Couple of thoughts, though:
  • GRRM is producing this as well! C'mon, George, stop wearing too many hats and finish the darned series first!
  • Who are they going to cast, I wonder? I can see Liam Neeson as Ned Stark, but everyone else? The twins Jamie and Cersei? The screen might melt from all that prettiness! Tyrion? Malkovich, maybe?
  • This is going to be one expensive series. Then again, Rome is pretty impressive from what I've seen.
  • I'm going to have to seriously consider getting HBO once this is out. I resisted The Sopranos, but this might be too much.
This can be very, very, good or can be a nightmare. Knowing HBO, though, they can pull it off.

No comments: