Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Once More, With Feeling

Gosh, it's been three years since I last posted. I realize blogging isn't that popular anymore (replaced by tweeting), but hey. I really just want a place to keep track of the books I've read, the toys I'm obsessively collecting, and the movies I've watched.

(Happy New Year, by the way).

That said, here are the "firsts!" I've done so far this year:

First Book Read: The Book Of Lost Things, by John Connolly. Kinda like a nastier version of Into the Woods. I think Connolly's a pretty good writer--some passages were pretty striking:

"Newspaper stories were like newly caught fish, worth of attention only for as long as they remained fresh, which was not very long at all"

while others are hilarious (Comrade Brother Number One and everyone else). Good stuff, and a recommended read.

First Movie Watched: The Sorcerer's Apprentice. I'll stick to Fantasia, thank you very much.

First Toys Bought: Action League, DC's answer to Marvel's Super Hero Squad. The four sets include:
  • Superman and Bizarro
  • Flash and Boomerang
  • Firestorm and Deathstorm
  • Green Lantern and White Lantern Sinestro
GL and Sinestro were pretty badass.

No comments: