Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

...if you celebrate the holiday, that is. The most memorable Thanksgiving I had was a road trip from San Francisco to Portland. We figured there would be restaurants open, but there was nothing. At first we thought we were going to starve, but thankfully we found a Burger King that was open. The other Thanksgivings I've had since then have been fairly mundane--dinner with relatives who know how to put together a real Thanksgiving dinner.

Today was just myself, PJ and the kids at home. I made some tomato basil soup and grilled cheese sandwiches that went over quite well. The kids, picky eaters that they are, didn't quite go for the spinach chicken nuggets I made (based on Jessica Seinfeld's book). I think I messed things up somewhere--PJ suggested I try using sweet potato puree next time, so that it'll look more natural instead of....well, green.

No comments: