Friday, November 23, 2007

Black Friday

This is probably first time I ever woke up early to brave the crowds on Black Friday. Think of Black Friday as Midnight Madness at Glorietta, only with better deals. I managed to get up at 4:30, leaving the house by around 5:10. I had the following targets in mind:

Toys R Us:
* Millennium Falcon Transformers (Han Solo and Chewie) for 19.99 (reg 39.99)
* Optimus Prime Voyager Class Movie Figure for 19.99 (reg 39.99)
* Whatever Lego Set I could find

Best Buy
* 300 2-DVD set for 6.98
* King Kong DVD for 2.99

Target
* K'Nex 15th Anniversary Tub for 9.99 (reg 19.99)
* Polly Pocket Wheels for 1.50 (reg 2.99)

As you could see, majority of what I was looking for was toys. I had been tasked by PJ to buy toys for the boys in our list, and all of them wanted either Transformers or Lego sets.

What happened? Well, Toys R Us was a madhouse. I must've missed the last Millennium Falcon by 10 minutes. Best Buy was a riot as well, with lines snaking around the store (I figured King Kong just wasn't worth it even at three bucks). Finally, I went to Target. Score! Not only were they giving away a Target Bullseye dog stuffed toy at the door, there were also a ton of registers open. So, I managed to score the two deals I wanted, and then did the rest of my Christmas shopping (even at regular price). Instead of the Millennium Falcon I wound up with the Anakin Skywalker Transformer and the Luke Skywalker X-Wing Transformer, each one being 14.99.

Then I went to a second Target to get another Bullseye, then straggled in to work at...7:30am. Not bad for a morning's work.

No comments: