Thursday, May 15, 2008

I Want My (LCD) TV

After almost a year of procrastinating and saving my pennies, I finally gave in to my inner jock and bought a Samsung LN46A650. This thing is freaking gorgeous; I watched American Idol on HD for the first time last night, and I was able to see Archie's moles (moley-moley-moley) and the highlights on Cookie's hair. I could also see Sheesh-a's frown lines (as she put on a brave front, knowing she was thrown under the bus) and the disaster that was Fantasia. Ugh.

Okay, maybe that last one is an argument against HD. But I digress.

I don't have a Blu-Ray player yet (waiting for the special PS3 bundle with MGS: Sons of Liberty), but I did get an upscaling DVD player. Beowulf was gorgeous on screen, despite being a so-so movie (Yowza on Angelina). Yup, I could get used to this...

Unfortunately, one of the kids decided to leave her handprint smack-dab in the center of the screen. I suspect Amelie, but it could be Camille. Who knows...

No comments: