Sunday, February 05, 2006

Steelers Win!!!!*

Well, I guess my "Curse of the Pitchman" theory didn't pan out. Of course, early in the game I saw the Disney ad...and it had Matt Hasselbeck and Shaun Alexander in it! Oy. I got a funny feeling then and there...

...and then all the NFL-produced ads had Porter, Roethlisberger, Cowher and Bettis in the first half, while the Seahawk players were only in a montage. Hmm. Something fishy there.

Then I saw the blown call on the first Seattle touchdown, the blown call on the Ben Roethlisberger "touchdown", and the blown holding call.

"But there was a quarter left to play!" Steeler fan would say. However, that was a game-changing call right there. One-yard line, Alexander gets in...then it's Steelers, 3 points down, and Cowher starts to put his hands around his throat.

Do you hear Joey Porter complaining about the officiating? Nope.

So, I'm happy Sgt Slaughter won. But to an unbiased party like me, I'm thinking this was a smelly win.

No comments: