Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Pandora's Music Box

Just discovered this site today:

www.pandora.com

Essentially, you plug in either a music act or song you like, and it'll build a "station" that plays music that they think matches what you entered. It's pretty cool--I created the following stations:

Everything But The Girl - I was expecting all Electronica, all the time. I was pleasantly surprised that there was some music there that was close to the pre-Missing EBTG. There was this French song which I kinda liked, but I forgot the title already.
Gorillaz - Depeche Mode, baby.
Toad the Wet Sprocket - Morrissey?!? Come to think of it, some of Toad's songs are pretty depressing too. Windmills. Sigh. Still reminds me of something from way back.
Gin Blossoms - .38 Special. Hey, didn't they do Sister Christian?

What's nice is that I discovered some songs from artists who I never heard about, and may explore later on. Kinda like Launchcast from Yahoo!--hey, that's where I discovered Anna Nalick and Breathe (2AM). I know, I know, I'm turning into a wuss in my dotage.

I would've tried some more stations, but I was at work, unfortunately.

No comments: