Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Game 7!

Yup, called it.

Close game...going to the road team. Almost laughable, how the script went:

Game 1: Close, but home team pulls away in the end
Game 2: Blowout early, home team wins
Game 3: Close, but home team pulls away in the end
Game 4: Blowout early, home team wins
Game 5: Close game, road team wins
Game 6: Close game, road team wins

Now it's for all the marbles...Game 7.

I don't think the NBA fixes the games, it just makes it "easier" for one team to win by having certain...conditions. It's up to the other team to take advantage of that. Spurs nearly blew the script in Game 5; however, if the Spurs had lost that, I'd bet anything that they would've won Game 6.

And you wonder why 'Sheed had WWE-style belts made?

Who wins? My gut says Pistons. *sigh*

1 comment:

daddychoy said...

I _would_ say that it's a script. My feeling is that Larry asked the NBA to "redeem" 'Sheed.

If anything, the "trend" is how the Pistons work best when their backs are against the wall, yaddayaddayadda. Heck, even the media plays into it, with stories about how Chauncey used to tank his games intentionally in high school, so that he can be the savior...wait, that's Kobe.

Last year I liked the Pistons, just because I loathed the Lake Show, but now I have a soft spot for Timmy.