Monday, May 30, 2005

Zen state

I got myself a Creative Zen Micro (in black--matches my rig) two weeks ago. Gotta say, it's worth every penny.


My rig, with the Zen. Yeah, my desk is a mess.

I've loaded just about every song I care to put in there (all U2 and EBTG albums, most of Toad, Gin Blossoms, plus some 80s stuff) and I still have around 2.5GB left.

Top 3 reasons why I got a Zen Micro instead of an iPod:

(1) Replaceable battery!
(2) Has the black finish and a cool blue backlight which matches my rig
(3) It's not an iPod

Top 3 reasons why I didn't get an iPod

(1) Price
(2) Everyone else has it
(3) It's an iPod (okay, that was low. I have nothing against Apple...I do hate fanboys who think that if a DAP isn't an iPod, it sucks. All hail their iCon, Steve Jobs)

Okay, I was tempted by the Silver 6GB iPod (plus I could get it engraved). I thought about getting a silver Zen Micro, but it didn't look silver at all.

Anyway, I'm happy with the purchase. I nearly got a Rio Carbon, which was $50 cheaper...but I knew I would get buyers remorse for "settling". The iRiver H10 was a bit more than I was willing to pay for...

No comments: