Saturday, February 26, 2005

Making it Big: Pinoys in Sports and Entertainment

I was born and raised in the Philippines, and even though I live in the US now, I still get a little thrill of excitement each time I see a Pinoy making it "big" (even a B-lister!) in sports and entertainment. Heck, I even liked Camille Velasco (and, okay, I was rooting for Jasmine just a teeny bit).

Imagine my surprise when I saw that Tedy Bruschi of the New England Patriots was half Filipino. I mean, wow! Gave me some newfound respect for the Pats, and almost made me start liking them (okay, so I won several bets with the Pats, but I just got tired of them winning all the time, you know?). Curious, I've decided to look for more Pinoys who've made it big.

Right now I know Tedy Bruschi. Roman Gabriel (my namesake!), who was a QB (with the Rams? have to confirm) was also a Pinoy. The aforementioned Camille and Jasmine. Lea Salonga (of course). Stay tuned...

No comments: